Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A one-sided affair wt Bi-Rain

This was supposed to post yesterday, but Angah was using the line whole nite.

Last Sunday, I went to cut my hair. It was suppose to be an ordinary event. Surprisingly it turned out to be a pleasant experience. After searching for my usual shop which I patronized twice last year, I found out that it had been replaced wt a new shop. The salesgirl persuaded me to get the ‘directors cut’ which cost more of cos’ but worth it bcos the director cum hair dresser cum boss cum shop owner had just recently returned fr London wt 22 years of ‘hair’ experience. Not to make any fuss, I said okay.

I don’t usually have a specific hair style that I want neither do I know what I want and I always depend on the hairdresser to suggest to me. But Leon was such a charm. He insisted I tell him how I spend my day and how do I usually treat my hair.

To summarize it all: I don’t have time and I couldn’t care less. But that was before. Not until recently, I start treating myself better. I started paying attention to my face, carefully applying eyeliner and lipstick (I don’t usually use makeup or rather not very good at it). And to date: I still stick to my moderate carb intake diet and the fact that I went to have this haircut is so that I will look more stylish perhaps?

Confession1: Actually all this makeover is a like a preparation for me to ‘what if I bum into Rain’? Ha! ha! As if I could bum into him anytime!!

The cut turned out to be gorgeous and outrageous in a stylish way. It should be, I paid about US61 for it. Never did I spend so much on haircut and highlight before. I could have kissed Leon when he guessed I was only in my late twenties and he almost dropped his scissor when I told him my real age. But wt the new hairstyle, he confessed I really fit the bill of late twenties bracket. If he was saying it just to please me, so be it. But actually I do get that comment often. Maybe it’s bcos of my small/petite built or maybe bcos of my childish behavior, I’m not too sure and I don't care.

Confession2: This sureal feeling that I'm experiencing is like, having an affair. But wt someone who is beyond your reach physically and emotionally and on top of it all doesn’t even know you exist!!

Nevertheless, I do feel good about myself and for that I’m thankful …to Rain.

I found this quote when I was reading a blog: ‘Congratulate yourselves if u have done something strange and extravagant and broken the monotony of decorous age’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson

That should some up my Rain experience so far…

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Yes you're right, being somewhat obsessed by Bi IS LIKE HAVING AN AFFAIR!...only without having any physical contact..(too bad). Oh well, the great feelings are all there, but without being physical you don't have to feel guilty.

leo said...

Yeah, beyond physical reach makes the 'affair' less guilty but it doesnt stop one fr. fantasizing (wink)