Monday, March 26, 2007

De-sensoring Bi Rain

I read in a fan forum about how Rain advised his fans 'to always cherish a good man beside them'. This is to answer a question posed by a journalist to him about some fans whom followed him around and ignored their other obligations or other matters around them.

I put off writing about this for a few days bcos I was kinda ashamed to admit that it sounded more or less like me. Though I don't travel the world chasing Rain at his premier or press conference (thou' I wish I can), but I do tend to ignore other matters and important people around me ever since I'm fallen into the Rain spell. I even manipulate certain events/conversation/tv channel/trip so it will divert towards my favourite subject -Rain. Take last weekend for example, the whole family was watching Mr. Bean Holiday at the theatre but I somehow managed to excuse myself and instead I was at Starbucks alone surfing on Rain while waiting for the said movie to end. Another example, last January when trying to book a holiday in Bangkok, I purposely chose a date which coincide wt his concert there so I will be able to go. At family gathering, I will chose Kak Long's favourite topic -Korean drama so she could ask me about Rain and I will update her (whether she likes it or not) on his whereabouts and current activities. But the worst of it all is, I put aside the needs of my family as secondary as compare to my insane, abnormal, immature, indescribable act of 'literally chasing' after a Korean star called Rain.

I must say, the statement made by Rain in that interview did help me a bit in overcome this overwhelming infatuation over him. You see, the more I read about his comments, see his clips in shows and interviews; the more I come to realise that he is just a normal human. I'm so excited to see that he is struggling wt his English lesson, but his trying and that a good sign. To err is human. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish him any ill; I want to convince myself that he is only a normal person wt an exceptional talents. A normal person make mistake and go thru hardship like any of us. So there's no need for me to get all worked up if he's only getting 2-3 hrs of sleep. He chose to be in this demanding industry. And I must, I must appreciate his talents alone; that is what he wanted. He can date, kiss, sleep wt anybody he chooses. That is his rights. But as a normal fan, I will always appreciate his professional talents.

Can I do this? Can I keep this up? For my own sanity, I will and I must.
Aja, aja fightin'

ps/ I'm into the 3rd episode of Sang doo, let's go to school.

No comments: